Friday, October 19, 2012

Big Stilly Cutty
We got some rain... so much that I can't fish for a day or two. Kinda sucks cause the Puget Sound rivers were is killer shape yesterday. A few feet of visibility, lots of fresh coho, few chums, some big sea run cutts, dolly varden and a few steelies around. The other day we caught 3 of those species and even a nice true rainbow (that I am starting to see more often) on the Stilly.

Stilly Char
The Skagit opened for a 3 fish kill for coho. Looks like the numbers are pretty good. I'd rather see a smaller number to harvest so we can keep the spawning numbers up. I have heard fishing is pretty decent though.

The Sky salmon always seem to be a bit more tight lipped to me and it get a little more crowded so I try to focus on other rivers.

The Methow just opened for steelhead. Should be a ok year. Not as many fish as a couple years ago. You have to keep your hatchery fish and once you get 2 you are done fishing for the day.

I have room for 1 person on Nov. 10th for a salmon/dolly varden trip on the skagit. $150 pp if interested. I am also starting to book out dates for the spring steelhead fishing on the O.P.

Join our Facebook page! 

Get some,

Mike D

No comments:

Post a Comment